ABOUT RAVEN BAND CAMP
Attendance at all band camp dates/times is expected. Please make every effort to arrange vacations, doctor’s visits, jobs, family time, etc. at a time other than band camp. IT is important that we accomplish as much as possible during band camp so we can be on track as we head into the school year.
One of the most important skills needed to be a successful high school student is punctuality. This is particularly important for all band activities. If something should cause you to run late, call your section leader ASAP BEFORE you are supposed to arrive so that the officers, staff, and director know where you are.
Perhaps most important of all is to come to camp with a positive attitude ready to try new things!!! Being a part of a high school marching band is one of the most positive experiences you can have – be prepared to work hard, be productive, and to have a great time getting better!
GENERAL BAND CAMP REMINDERS
Dress for rehearsals - rehearsals take place both indoors and outdoors
- Light-weight, light-colored, loose fitting athletic clothes. Clothes should be cool, comfortable, in good taste, and keep sun protection in mind. Shoulders should be covered for sun protection. No jeans or swim suits. School Dress Code Always Applies.
- Hats and sunglasses are advised for sun and heat protection.
- Sunscreen is a MUST!
- Tennis shoes with athletic socks are also required for rehearsal. Slide on shoes are not permitted.
- Water bottles required for camp - please be sure to have a water bottle/jug/camelback with a strap so that you can hang it from the fence during rehearsal.
- Put your name on all personal items (instruments, bags, etc.)! The band staff and school does not assume any responsibility for loss or damage to person items, including electronic devices.
- Bring Dinner (required for 12pm-8pm days)!! Students can have dinner dropped off at 5pm at Alonso by the cafeteria. Do not bring caffeinated soda, energy drinks or dairy. Students are expected to eat prior to band camp – drink lots of water!
- School Policy and Band Rules are enforced at all times (24/7) at all activities, no exceptions. Band handbook can be found via Canvas and alonsobands.com
- Courtesy and Respect for everyone is a band tradition. Exemplary conduct, discipline, attitude, and
good manners are expected. Pranks and hazing are not permitted.
GENERAL PRE-BAND CAMP CHECKLIST
- Complete Athletic Clearance process, including safety videos with certificates and correct documents uploaded! MUST be completed before first day of camp!
- Parent/guardian present on camp check-in day.
- Print all warm-ups, show music, and stand tunes from Canvas OR CutTime.
- Order your flip folder and lyre for YOUR instrument so you can see your music (available on Amazon – be sure to include instrument AND brand when searching!)
- Have cash, check, or credit card ready to make payments at kickoff check-in day.
- Have water jug, athletic clothing and tennis shoes ready to go!